Performing Restores Using SharePoint Storage Manager
After configuring and performing a full backup, perform a basic restore using the SharePoint Storage Manager from the latest backup.
- Open the CommCell Console.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers.
- Click the client where the SharePoint Storage Manager Agent is located.
- Click the backup_set where the SharePoint Storage Manager subclient is located.
- Right-click the subclient and click Browse and Restore.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- On the Client: client_name (Latest Data) tab, select the backup_set.
- Select the web application or content databases that you want to recover.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- In the Restore Options dialog box, click the Web Application tab and enter the password for the SharePoint Web application.
- Optional: To restore BLOB data instead of the stubs back to the File System, on the RBS Store tab, select Restore data instead of stub.
- Optional: To restore only the content database, without restoring the web application, select the Restore content database without web application check box.
- To restore only the content database, without restoring the File System data, select Restore database without RBS BLOBs.
- To restore the content database with the File System data, select Restore database with RBS BLOBs.
- Click OK.
The restore job appears in the Job Controller tab in the CommCell Console.
To perform granular restore of the files, you must first run a document-level backup operation. A document-level backup operation backs up subsites, lists, document libraries, list items and library items. For more information, see Backup - SharePoint Server iDataAgent - Documents.
If the backed up files were archived and they exist as a stub, the files are recalled during the document-level backup operation.