Use this dialog box to enable or disable backup rules used to convert backup jobs under special circumstances to prevent failure conditions.
When selected, switches backup types as indicated under given circumstances.
- All backup jobs for master database will be converted to full backups.
- Backup jobs for msdb and model will run as is.
- For any user defined database, the system will fail the backup jobs that fits these given circumstances.
- Convert a log backup to full if a log backup was performed using other software
Indicates that the next backup should be run as a full backup.
When a full or differential backup is performed outside of the system, for example, from SQL Enterprise Manager, the next log backups performed using SQL Server Agent are not converted to a full backup. Therefore, we recommend you to run a full backup with the SQL Server Agent.
- Do not convert log backups to full if log backup was performed using other software
Indicates that the next backup should be run as a log backup.
When using this option, make sure to enable the Disable Log Consistency Check in the SQL Settings tab to ensure that the backup job completes successfully. If this option is not selected, the backup job will fail with the error "Backup chain is broken".
When selected the next backup job is switched to a full backup.When cleared, the selected backup type continues unchanged.