Bringing a Hot Standby Server Online
If databases on the production server fail, you can minimize the downtime by bringing the databases online on the standby server.
Alternatively, you can also bring the databases online by recovering the databases from the SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server.
- Right-click the instance and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
- In the Browse and Restore Options dialog box, click View Content.
- Select the databases that you want to restore, and click Recover All Selected.
The SQL Restore Options dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, select an SQL standby server from the Destination Server list.
Verify that the selected destination server is not same as the source server.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box is displayed.
- On the Options tab, click Recover Only, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the SQL Restore Options dialog box.