Configuring SQL Transaction Log Backups to Skip Read-Only Databases
The SQL databases that do not require any architecture or data update are marked as read-only. These databases do not require periodic backups as no changes are made to them. Create the additional setting bSkipTLForReadOnlyDB to skip backing up read-only databases each time you perform a transaction log backup operation.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, on the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, set up the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type bSkipTLForReadOnlyDB.
- In the Category list, select MSSQLAgent.
- In the Type list, select INTEGER.
- In the Value box, type 1.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Properties dialog box.