Excluding SQL Databases from Backups
You can exclude specific databases from the backup operations when you back up the entire SQL Server. To exclude these databases during backup operations, you must add them to the Do Not Backup subclient. After the databases are added to the Do Not Backup subclient, they are not included in the subsequent backup operations.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server > instance.
- Right-click the database subclient, and click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the Content tab, click Configure.
- In the Database Configuration dialog box, click Discover.
- In the Database Configuration dialog box, add the database to the specified subclient:
- In the Database Name column, select a database that you want to exclude.
- In the Subclient Name column, select the Do Not Backup subclient for the selected database.
Repeat this step for all the databases that you want to exclude.
- To close the Database Configuration dialog box, click OK.
- To close the Subclient Properties dialog box, click OK.
The excluded databases will not be backed up during a backup operation.