Creating a Virtual Lab for Hyper-V
The Virtual Machines application allows you to create and customize your own virtual machine lab. You must use the CommCell Console that is associated with the Web Console to back up your virtual lab. Only you and your administrator can view the contents of your virtual lab.
- Log into the Web Console. For instructions, see Accessing the Web Console.
- Click Virtual Labs.
- At the top-right of the page, click Create Virtual Lab.
- From the Virtual Lab Template list, select the name of a VM lab template, and then click Next.
If there is only one VM lab template available to you, you will not see this screen. In this case, the Name screen appears first.
- On the Name page, specify the name, description, and expiration date of your VM lab.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the VM lab.
- In the Description box, type a description of the VM lab.
- In the Expiration box, select the date on which the VM lab will expire.
- Click Next.
- On the Configuration page, define the number of CPUs and memory size for each virtual machine in the lab.
- In the Number of CPUs box, enter the number of CPUs for each virtual machine.
- In the Memory box, enter the amount of memory for each virtual machine.
- Click Next.
- On the User Details page, enter a password for the virtual lab, and then click Next.
The user name is entered by default.
- On the Summary page, click Finish.
Once the VM lab is created, it will appear in the Virtual Labs list. The creation process may take several moments to complete.
An email that confirms the creation of your virtual machine is automatically sent to you.
What To Do Next
To further explore this feature's capabilities, read End User Operations for Virtual Labs.