Getting Started (Microsoft Hyper-V)
Step 1: Review Requirements
- This page assumes you have already installed the CommServe software. If not, refer to the CommCell Quick Start Guide.
- Review deployment planning.
- Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements and capabilities of the Virtual Server Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V:
Step 2: Install the Virtual Server AgentReview each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Virtual Server Agent
Review agent-specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Optional: Configure a Storage Policy. See Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- Create a virtualization client for the standalone Hyper-V server or a Hyper-V cluster.
The virtualization client is added to the list of clients in the CommCell browser.
- Optional: Create a subclient.
By default, the default subclient backs up all the virtual machines in the standalone Hyper-V server or Hyper-V cluster. To change this behavior, see Adding a User-Defined Subclient.
- Optional: Decide whether to add the following functionality:
- To be notified of events that require attention, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- To report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations, see Reports Overview.
- To manage security, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.