Generating a Backup Command Line Script from the CommCell Console
In order to run the backups from command line, you need an input xml file which contains the parameter values for configuring the backup options. This input xml file can be obtained by generating the script from the CommCell Console and saving it on the computer from where the backup will be performed.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server | Hyper-V | backup_set.
- Right-click the default subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the required backup options that you want to run using the script.
- Click Save as Script.
The Save As Script dialog box appears.
- Enter the path where the script will be saved and include the file name and extension.
For example, C:\scripts\myscript.bat.
The script is saved as an .xml file and .bat file.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and .bat files will be overwritten.
- Enter the username and password for the user account that you want to use to perform the backup.
By default, the user account that you use to log on to CommCell Console is used to perform the backup. However, if the user account does not have access to any application or database, select Use a different account.
- Click OK.