Modifying the User Accounts for Hyper-V Access
You can modify the user account credentials that are used to access the Hyper-V server or cluster for your virtualization instance.
To perform discovery, backup, and restore operations within an instance, the user must be part of the following administrator groups on the Hyper-V host:
- Hyper-V Administrators group
- For Windows Hyper-V Server 2008 R2, Local Administrators group
For a Hyper-V cluster, the user account must have full Cluster Permissions (Read and Full Control).
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server.
- Right-click the Hyper-V instance, and then click Properties.
The Virtual Server Instance Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, click Change to modify user account credentials.
- In the User Name and Password boxes, enter the credentials for the user account having administrative privileges to access the Hyper-V server or cluster nodes.
- In the Confirm Password box, re-confirm the password for the user account and click OK.
- Click OK to apply the changes.