Create Client for Nutanix AHV
Use this dialog box to define a Nutanix AHV virtualization client and select proxies.
The client uses the selected proxies to perform backup jobs. Any client computer that has the Virtual Server Agent installed on it can be selected as a proxy.
- Client Name
- Enter a name for the virtualization client that will appear in the CommCell Browser
- Nutanix Cluster
- Enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of a Nutanix Controller VM for the AHV cluster.
- User Name
Enter the user name required to access the Nutanix CVM.
The user must have Prism administrator privileges for the Nutanix cluster.
- Enter the password for the Nutanix CVM in this box and in the Confirm Password box.
- Click this to add proxies to the client. You can add any computer as a proxy if it has Virtual Server Agent installed. You must add at least one proxy to the client.
- Select a proxy from the list of proxies and click this to remove the selected proxies from the virtualization client.
- Clients / Client Groups
- Displays the list of clients or client groups that are included as proxies in the client.
- The first proxy in the list will act as a Coordinator. During backups, the coordinator communicates with available proxies and distributes the virtual machines across proxies for load balancing. It also distributes required resources (such as streams) among the proxies.
- You can change the order of proxies in the list by clicking the up arrow or down arrow .
- If a client group is added in the list of proxies, the first client in the client group will become the Coordinator.
- Save as Script
- Click to open the Save As Script dialog, which allows you to save this operation and the selected options as a script file (in XML format). The script can later be executed from the Command Line Interface using qoperation execute command.
Select Clients/Client Groups
- This list displays all clients that have the Virtual Server Agent installed. If the clients are members of a client group, the name of the group also appears in the list.
- Select one or more clients or client groups from this list.
- Include / Include All
- Click this button to include the selected clients or client groups in the list of proxies.
- This list shows clients or client groups that are included as proxies in the client.
- To remove any clients or client groups from the list, select them and click Exclude.
- Exclude/ Exclude All
- Click this button to exclude the selected clients or client groups from the list of nodes.