Advanced Backup Options (Data)
You can select advanced backup data options on this tab. Different options are available for streaming and SnapProtect backups. Some options are not available for all hypervisors.
For streaming backups:
- Enable Granular Recovery
- Select to collect metadata for files and folders. When selected, this option enables recovery of Individual files and folders from a streaming backup.
- Backup failed VMs only (Virtual Server)
- (Not available for SnapProtect backups.) Select this check box to back up failed virtual machines. If backup fails for one or more virtual machines from a subclient, the backup job completes with the "Completed w/ one or more errors" status. You can perform an incremental backup to back up only the failed virtual machines.
- Include partially successful VMs from previous job
- Select this check box to include VMs that completed with partial success. If the status for a specific virtual machine is "Partial Success," some information for the VM was successfully backed up, but other information was not.
For SnapProtect backups:
- Create Backup Copy immediately
Select this option to perform an inline backup copy operation.
- Enable Granular Recovery For Backup Copy
- This option collects file and folder metadata to enable recovery of files and folders from the backup copy.
- Enable Granular Recovery for SnapProtect
- Select to collect metadata for files and folders. When selected, this option enables recovery of Individual files and folders from the primary copy.