Generating a Command Line Script from the CommCell Console
To run backups from the command line, you need an input XML file that contains parameter values for configuring the backup options. This input XML file can be created by generating a script from the CommCell Console and saving it on the computer where the backup will be performed.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > VMware > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- Select the backup options to execute using the script.
- Click Save as Script.
- Enter the location to save the script along with the file name and extension. For example, C:\scripts\myscript.bat on Windows and /usr/scripts/myscript.sh on Unix. Alternatively, you can click Browse and navigate to the location.
The Save as Script operation creates a .xml file and a .bat or .sh file, both using the base file name you entered.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and the .bat or .sh files are overwritten.
- Click the Specify user account to run the script list to specify how you want to identify the user account for performing the backup.
By default, the user account that you used to log in to the CommCell Console is used to perform the backup. To specify different user credentials as part of the script, select Use a different user account.
- Click OK.