Configuring Ownership and Permissions for a Client or Virtual Machine
To display virtual machines in the CommCell Console, see Displaying Virtual Machines in the CommCell Browser.
Perform these steps to add owners for virtual machines:
- In the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers.
- Right-click a client or virtual machine and select Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Associations subtab and then click Add.
- Set permissions:
- To inherit the permissions assigned to a user group, select the user or group from the top list and click Add to associate the client computer group with the user or group.
- To use role-based permissions, select the role from the Role list.
- Click OK.
- Click the Owners subtab.
- Enter the user name in the Users box or a user group name in the User Groups box.
You can enter an Active Directory name in the form domain_name\user_name, an Active Directory user group in the form domain_name\group_name, or a CommCell user or group name.
- Click OK.
To perform this operation using the command line, see Setting Client Owners and Client Owner Permissions Using the Command Line Interface.