Modifying a VMware Instance
Creating a virtualization client for a VMware vCenter automatically creates a VMware instance. You can modify an instance to change the instance name, host, and user credentials, to enable access to vCloud, or to add or remove VSA proxies.
Perform the following steps to modify a VMware instance:
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server.
- Right-click VMware and then select Properties.
- On the General tab, you can make the following changes:
- Change the Instance Name.
- Change the vCenter host name.
- Click Change to enter different user credentials for the vCenter.
- Click Configure to identify a vCloud host and provide vCloud user credentials. The user account for the vCloud host must have system administrator privileges (a VMware requirement) and vCenter Server permissions sufficient to access the virtual machines.
- Enter the vCloud Host name.
- Click Change to enter the user credentials for the vCloud.
- Enter the username and password and click OK.
- Click OK on the vCloud Login Credentials dialog box.
- Click the Proxies tab to add or remove proxies:
After adding a virtualization client in V11, you can only specify VSA proxies that are also V11.
- Click Add.
- From the Exclude list select one or more proxy computers.
The list displays all client computers that have the Virtual Server Agent installed and all client groups. You can select one or more clients or client groups. When you select a client group, ensure that at least one client in the group has the Virtual Server Agent installed.
- Click Include or Include All and click OK.
- Review the Client /Client Groups list.
- The proxies are selected for performing backups based on the order of the Client /Client Groups list.
- You can change the order of the proxies in the list by clicking the up arrow or the down arrow .
- The first proxy in the list serves as a coordinator proxy.
- You can specify up to 6 proxies for each VMware instance.
- To remove any proxy from the list, select the client name for the proxy and click Remove.
- Click OK.