Creating a Collaborative Share from the Web Console
You can request for a collaborative share folder from the Web Console. A collaborative share has the following benefits:
- You can store files in the collaborative share folder that you want to work on with other users in your organization.
- You can give other users rights to view and edit the files in the collaborative share folder.
- The administrator is the original owner for the shared space. Therefore, if the requested user is no longer a member of the collaboration group or organization, the shared space is still available for use.
Before You Begin
- Users you want to collaborate with must have a Web Console account. For more information, see Registering a User - Web Console.
- Verify that your administrator gave you the required permission to request a collaborative share. Contact your administrator to assign the permission.
- Log on to the Web Console.
From the Web Console, click My Data.
- On the left navigation pane, click the Shares tab, and then click Request Collaborative Share.
The Shares dialog box appears.
- Click New Share, and then enter a name for the collaborative share.
- In the Invite People box, enter the user account or email ID of the users who will use the collaborative share, and then click Share.