Content Filters for the Windows File System Agent
Use Filters to control specific types of files that are included or excluded from backup operations. You can also use filters to exclude certain system-related files and database application files that consistently fail during a backup operation and are not integral to the operation of the system or application.
Filters enable you to include or exclude files from backups through several key features:
- Subclient level backup filters are available for excluding specific files from being backed up as part of the subclient content. For more information, see Excluding Content from Backups.
- You can define the exceptions for filters. For more information, see Adding Exceptions to Backup Filters.
- You can also filter system state components before you back up the system state. For more information, see Excluding System State Components from a Backup.
- Temporary internet files, backup files, and recycle bin files are backed up with every backup. To filter the temporary files from backup, see Excluding Temporary Files from Backups.
- Software Installation directories, Job Results and Job Control folders are included by default in the backups. To exclude the SnapProtect directories from backups, see Excluding CommCell Console directories from Backups.