Creating a User-Defined Backup Set for the Windows File System Agent
When you create a new file system client, a default backup set is created automatically, which manages backup and restore operations for the client.
You can create additional backup sets to provide a separate administration point for a specific group of subclients.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > File System.
- Right-click File System, point to All Tasks, and click Create New Backup Set.
- In the Create New Backup Set dialog box, enter information about the backup set:
- In the New Backup Set Name box, type the new backup set name.
- In the Storage Policy box, enter a storage policy name that you want to use.
- If you want to assign the new backup set as the default backup set, select the Make this the Default Backup Set check box.
- Click OK to apply the settings and create the backup set.
A new backup set is created with the specified name. A default subclient is created for the new backup set.
What to Do Next
Create a subclient to back up data. For instructions, see Creating User-Defined Subclients for the Windows File System Agent.