Installing the Service Pack Locally on UNIX, Linux, or Macintosh Computers Using the Installation Package
You can install the service pack on MediaAgents and client computers by using the installation package that was created from the Download Manager application.
Before You Begin
- Review general guidelines to prepare your environment for the installation as described in Plan the Service Pack Installation.
- Obtain the latest service pack version of the Download Manager application and use it to download the SnapProtect software. For instructions, see Downloading Software for UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers.
The installation package that is created during the download includes the required service pack updates. Make sure to download the software that you want to update, such as agents, tools, and so on.
- Log on to the computer as root.
- Run the following command from the installation package or mount point:
To run the installation as a SUDO user with root privileges, use the following command:
- On the welcome dialog, click Next.
- On the Install Task dialog, click Install packages on this machine, and then click Next.
- On the Instance Page dialog, select the instance where you want to install the service pack, and then click Next.
- On the Install Task dialog, click Install service pack, and then click Next.
- On the Summary dialog, click Next.
The service pack installation starts.
- On the Installation Status dialog, click Finish.
What to Do Next
Verify the update status of the client where you installed the service pack. For instructions, see Viewing the Service Pack Details for One or More Clients.