Hardware Specifications for Virtual Server Agent
The following hardware requirements are for Virtual Server Agent (VSA) installed on either physical or virtual machines. For information on the system requirements, see System Requirements - Virtual Server Agent for VMware and System Requirements - Virtual Server Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V.
- If VSA is installed on the MediaAgent (physical or virtual machine), then the capacity of the MediaAgent that exceeds the VSA capacity can be used for other network based agents including remote VSAs up to the maximum capacity referenced in Hardware Specifications for MediaAgent.
- For virtual machines, to achieve maximum performance and scalability, reserve the recommended CPU, memory, and other resources for SnapProtect software processes so that they operate within the set constraints.
Supports 40 to 50 TB of FET
- 16 CPU cores
- 32 GB RAM
Supports 15 to 40 TB of FET
- 8 CPU cores
- 16 GB RAM
Supports 5 to 15 TB of FET
- 8 CPU cores
- 8 GB RAM
Supports up to 5 TB of FET
- 4 CPU cores
- 4 GB RAM
- Dedicated I/O to Datastores and backup disk.
- Dedicated I/O should have one interface for read operations and another for writing to the backup disk.
- The server should have recommended IOPS for deduplication operations as described in Hardware Specifications for MediaAgent.